Resources are still available and updated regularly in blog below.
Developed by Tia Downer for Communities United Members and Community
Out of School Time Matters-
During these trying times we want each and every Family to thrive. Access to technology can be overwhelming and may discourage many, We have compiled a few lessons to help families keep the love of learning going. Return to this page for new lessons each week!
Activity #1 - HoneyComb Hideout
10 small items of your choice (can be toys,rocks,marbles,household items,etc)
10 index cards or pieces of paper (for clues)
1) Take each item and find a hiding spot (with a clue to next item)
2) Write a clue that will help others find the item on a card or piece of paper. Include clue to the next item i.e.( I’m where the sun shines through and the wind blows in) Where am I?
3) Hide all items and clues and give the first clue to kids
Activity #2 - Lava Lamps
Plastic bottles (washed out used water/juice/clear container)
1) Mix equal amounts of oil and water in container
2) Add in small amount of glitter (if desired)
3) Add 3 drops of food coloring
4) If container has a top or lid shake it up and watch what happens